Family Based Services
Family Based Services are centered on strengthening the family system and
keeping the family together. Family Based Mental Health Services offers an
intensive, in-home, team delivered service to families in which there is a
child or adolescent with emotional issues who is at risk of out-of-home placement
or there are multiple members of a family in need of mental health services.
The primary goals are to:
- Enable and empower parents to care for their children and adolescents
at home and in the community.
- Strengthen the family system.
- Enhance coping skills of family members.
- Advocate for the child and family
while accessing needed community supports.
- To reduce the frequency and intensity
of conflict and behaviors families deem harmful.
The Family Based Services
- A psychiatric or psychological
- A comprehensive psychosocial assessment
- A treatment plan that includes goals
and objectives determined by the family and treatment team
- A minimum of two
face-to-face contacts within the family per week
- A team of two mental health
professionals who will provide both therapy and case management
- A crisis intervention
component that includes a 240hour a day, 7 days a week �on-call� service